JOIN OUR TEAM
Santa Barbara, CA
Coastal View Surgery Center is located in sunny, Santa Barbara, CA and is dedicated to providing its patients with the highest level of patient care combined with the most advanced technologies. Coastal wants to hire individual(s) who are committed to teamwork, excellence, and personalized care with its patients. Coastal is seeking an energetic, hardworking, full-time Front Desk/Patient Care Coordinator to join its team.
The Front Desk/Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for the efficient operation of coordinating the flow of patient to nurse contact, filing, scheduling and billing. Duties will consist of, but not be limited to:
- Representative of Coastal Surgery Center in making the initial contact with the patient.
- Greets patients and family and is sensitive to their needs.
- Screens, takes messages, and routes incoming calls and assists out-going calls.
- Maintains appointment schedule for patients. Co-ordinates patient schedule with surgery schedule. Schedules surgical cases.
- Responsible for keeping current registrations of patients, insurance companies and referring doctors.
- Processes and gives receipt for monies received from patients, and is responsible for the petty cash fund.
- Confirms that a responsible adult (over 18 years) picks up the patient after his/her surgery and stays with them for 24 hours post-operatively.
- Set up basic patient charts for each new patient, responsible for filing and auditing patient charts, checking for completeness and accuracy of the medical transcription.
- Compile quarterly reports on medical record deficiencies and monthly procedure analysis for the Quality Improvement (QI) Coordinator.
- Assure the confidentiality of all records by the required permission of the patient for releasing the chart information.
- Ensure subpoenas and record requests are handled correctly and in a timely manner.
- Acts as a liaison between the surgical team and the patient’s family either in the Operating room or Recovery room.
- Workers’ compensation cases:
- verifies injury date and time with employer.
- obtains pre-authorization to see and treat from insurance carrier.
- process disability certificates/forms for workers’ compensation cases and informs patients of procedure.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- High school diploma and/or college graduate.
- Excellent telephone and typing skills.
- Data entry and basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and protocol.
- Knowledge of patients’ rights and medical-legal aspects for the release of information.
- Basic knowledge of patient accounting and insurance systems.
- Basic knowledge of the requirements for patient scheduling and processing surgical procedures.
- May be expected to lift twenty-five pounds without assistance.
- May be required to push patients in wheelchairs or on gurneys.
To apply to this position, please email your resume and cover letter with your name and “Front Desk Coordinator” in the subject line. We look forward to seeing how you can contribute to the Coastal team!