JOIN OUR TEAM
Santa Barbara, CA
Summit Surgery Center is a state-of-the-art orthopedic ambulatory surgery center in Santa Barbara. The Center is now looking to hire a full-time Orderly/Patient Care Assistant. The Orderly/Patient Care Assistant is a staff member who maintains the stocking of equipment/supplies and cleaning of the surgery center.
- Stocking of new deliveries (supplies and equipment)
- Daily checks with stocking the Center in its entirety
- Maintaining rapport with vendors
- Cleaning of the OR’s per the Center’s policy and procedures
- Assisting with general duties asked by the other staff members
- Ordering of supplies using the OPT-OR inventory system; notification to surgeon if back-ordered.
- Run daily DART test and biologicals on autoclaves. Run weekly test on the commercial washer.
- Assist in correct patient positioning and surgical preps
- May be expected to lift 25 pounds without assistance
- Is required to obtain assistance when moving patients unable to assist in moving themselves, unless the patient is in a wheelchair or on a gurney. Will be required to push patients in wheelchairs or an a gurney.
- Maintain strict patient confidentiality
- Adherence to universal precautions and wearing personal protective equipment.
- Attend required staff meetings and in-services
- Preventive maintenance on equipment, ability to do minor repairs such as changing light bulbs, use an Allen wrench, cleaning non-OR spaces and check oil level on generator and vacuum pump
- Check and maintain medical gas needs.
- Is required to report any incidences or alleged incidences of abuse, harassment, or injury to self, other employees, or patients occurring at the Center or relating to the Center. Further specifications can be found in the Abuse Reporting documents and Code of Safe Practices, provided by the Director of Nursing.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have current CPR certification.
- Knowledge of supplies and equipment.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning technique per the Centers’ policy and procedures.